11.15.2008

Hot Chocolate, Roasted Nuts, Old Friends, and Real Soccer


Layne and I went to the Salt Lake Real soccer game Saturday night with some of my old high school friends!


I had not seen my friends Heather and Julie in 15 + years and it was so much fun to see each other again.






It was a great game, even though we lost 1-0



The hot chocolate was great and the roasted almonds were even better!

OH MY GOSH have you ever tasted them?

(No, Heather I have not been living under a rock, but I have never tried roasted almonds before!)
(Do I smell Goose?)

SO GOOD!
We took our friend Alan along with us. As you can see he is smiling, not because he is having so much fun at the game, but because he is in a texting conversation with a really cute girl....Wish you could have been there with us Sara!


1. Seeing old friends!
2. Night out with Layne.
3. Hot chocolate to help stay warm.
4. Mom and Abbie helping to take care of our girls PLUS Alan's.
5. Christmas tree going up!

12 comments:

LL said...

what a great looking group. Julie and Heather look amazing, (why haven't people aged? I swear)
I'm sure it was a blast...I hope you gave everyone a big kiss for me--Especially Alan ;)

6Whittiers said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! At first I was thinking those girls look so familiar then it hit me who they were. How fun to see them again. Okay so Alan doesn't change a bit does he?

SkidsKids said...

um...i do smell goose.....GROSS!! holly, that was so much fun. thanks for inviting me. layne and you are so much fun to be with. you guys made me giggle like a little school girl(if you didn't notice). we must get out more. i can introduce you to a lot of yummy treats! BIG KISSES to YOU!
OH....when i can i schedule a slumber party???????????????:)

Emily said...

hey we were there too...eating roasted nuts! was that game PAINFUL or what!

Karolynn said...

That looks like a blast! Are you talking about the cinnamon roasted almonds? If yes, I love those things!

Mike and Em said...

Sounds like a blast! That is fun that you are getting together with all of these friends!

Shauna said...

How fun :)

Straight to Your Hart said...

What hotties you gals are. Looks like a great time!!

Straight to Your Hart said...

TAG you're it...No backsies!! This one is fun though!!

Doodlebugs' Mama said...

I keep stumbling across everyone's blogs! I had no idea ya'll kept blogs--how fun!

We obviously didn't cross paths at the game--I was hoping to find you! It was freezing but so much fun!

My gosh--you guys all look great! It's fun to see familiar faces 15 years later.

~Morgan

Candy McCall said...

Holly- you look so good.
Same to Heather and Julie.
Thanks for the comment today. I needed that. Also, it reminded me that you have a great quote on your title.
I hope you don't mind...I borrowed it.

sara said...

Holly--I can't believe you are a mom to 4 girls and look so dang young and beautiful!! You look so great! I look exhausted most of the time. Must be from having boys??? :)

Email me when you have a sec. I need your address for christmas cards. Now that I found you again!