If my Grandma (Madonna) Richins were still here I'm SURE today would be her favorite day! To say she loved the color red was a HUGE understatement. Red was Grandma Richins!!! Today the only problem she would have had is to decide WHICH red outfit to wear...here is why.
Today is National Wear Red Day! It is a day when Americans nationwide will wear red to show their support for women's heart disease awareness. This observance promotes the Red Dress symbol and provides an opportunity for everyone to unite in this life-saving awareness movement by showing off a favorite red dress, shirt, or tie, or Red Dress Pin.
So slap on your red and go out there girls and strut your stuff!
I know if my Grandma Richins was around she would....who knows...Maybe she is in heaven wearing her favorite red nightgown as we speak.
Thankful for.....
1. The color red. LOVE IT!
2. Memories of Grandma Madonna.
3. A BFF that lives 2000 away, but still manages to brighten my day!




7 comments:
I didn't know about this special day but the crazy thing is...I wore red anyway...awesome!
We still got to get together when things on my end slow down a bit...it's been so crazy!
Ha! Thanks Holly! I too was unaware of such a day yet...I too am already in red. SWEET.
Hope all's well in your neck of the woods.
Hey Holly. I didn't know about this either, but am wearing red to support the troops. We all wear red at work on Fridays for that occasion. I'm glad they made today a RED day for those of us that were already wearing it. Isn't it a great color?
How can we not all have a huge love for red because of Grandma? Oh, and the love for Diet Coke as well! Hope your well! Miss ya!
I do miss her. I too did not know about this. Thanks for letting me know, not that I have any fat girl red clothes, Ugh! Anyhow, I hope you are doing well. I haven't talked to you for a while. Hey, I see DD wrote. Did you get an invite? DD, if you read this, I miss your blog, send me an invite!!!
I did not know such a day existed! Again, what Calendar do you have???!!!
I miss you guys. I wish we could have had you over for Valentines to make cookies and play or something fun like that. The girls are so cute, as always and they are growing too fast. We got your email and I told Jan about Chris. He was really excited that you guys liked him and he was glad it sounds like he took care of you. I hope you have a great week, Hol!
Love,
Hol (the other one Ü)
Hi to you too! I have been missing your posts and seeing what your family is up to. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment