3.15.2009

Just a little bit older


The past 6 months Aaliyah has been asking us if she could get her ears pierced. We kept putting her off, thinking that she would just forget about it. We figured she would get in the chair and freak out, then we would have wasted our time.



Well we were at the mall last night. She asked again. We explained to her that it hurts for a small amount of time and then it's over. She still wanted them done. I told her I would only let her do it if there were two ladies there to do it at the same time. Lucky for us, there were.



She wanted them. She wanted the pink sparkly daisies. She went through with it. Not a tear was shed, not a peep out of her mouth. I was amazed. I'm still amazed. I thought for sure we would have a scene.
Nothing.




Perfect.


They look great. She is so proud of her new studs :)

Gratitude.....

1. Aaliyah and he sense of style...you all know she has it :)

2. Not feeling as weak as I thought I would watching.

3. Feeling the need to blog .... just a little bit again!

3 comments:

Mike and Em said...

Welcome back! I can't believe that she did that either!! She is so brave. Did ashy watch? Does she want hers done too?

Gilbert Family said...

What a trooper! My daughter was the same way, she begged for her ears pierced...I begged her not to and then gave in and she did AWESOME! Not a tear shed either! She looks beautiful with her new earrings ;)

Gilbert Family said...

ohh and keep the posts coming...I feel like no one blogs anymore!